The OnePlus Nord 2T 5G is the latest in a series of mid-range mid-range smartphones. The first smartphone in the Nord series to have the T-brand, which was reserved only for OnePlus smartphones.
As we have seen in the past, the OnePlus T models represent only more modest improvements than the non-T model and are not intended to be a full-fledged fan. However, the Nord 2T 5G comes almost a full year after the launch of the Nord 2 5G, so you will be forgiven for thinking that this could be a very important development, otherwise.
- Body: 159.1×73.2×8.2mm, 190g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame.
- Display: 6.43″ AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 409ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 1300: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G77 MC9.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, OxygenOS 12.1.Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.2.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/480fps, gyro-EIS: Front camera: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 80W, USB Power Delivery.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; stereo speakers.
The Nord 2T 5G has three significant changes over its predecessors. It has a slightly altered look at the back, it has two new colors and finishes. The new model also comes with the latest MediaTek Dimension 1300 chipset. Finally, the fast charging has been upgraded to 80W.
Other than that, we are very much looking at the same smartphone as the Nord 2 5G. Now that that is out, let’s continue with the review.